Tamara J. Cooper, Town Clerk ~ townclerk@townofcambria.com
Paula N. Jones, Deputy Town Clerk I ~ pjones@townofcambria.com
Cynthia L. Curione, Deputy Town Clerk II ~ deputy@townofcambria.com

Office Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm

Phone: (716) 433-7664
Town Clerk ext 136
Deputy Town Clerk I ext 110
Deputy Town Clerk II ext 131

The Town Clerk’s office is often thought to be the center of Town government,
as it provides a wide variety of services that are essential to the residents of the Town.


Hunting/Fishing licenses are sold between the hours of 8:00 am and 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
DMP's are available starting August 1st- this is based on a lottery system through NYS- for more information please click the following link:


Dog Control


Before using the online renewal - Please clear your browser or the incorrect service charge may appear. The correct amount should be $1.75 per transaction. Please note that no changes can be made online; if you need to update rabies certificate information, spay/neuter status or license for the first time, please mail in your paperwork or come in person during regular business hours. If you prefer to renew online, please email your updates to townclerk@townofcambria.com, we will update your profile so you can renew online.

New York State requires ALL dogs four months or older be licensed. You must provide proof of current rabies vaccination signed by a licensed veterinarian, and a spay/ neuter certificate if applicable.

Licensing Fees:
$10.00 - Local Fee + $1.00 - NYS Fee
$ 11.00 - Total
$18.00 - Local Fee + $3.00 - NYS Fee
$ 21.00 – Total
Replacement Tags
Late Fee $10.00 if not paid 30 days after the due date
Purebred Licenses
$75.00-plus applicable surcharges imposed by NYS for each purebred license, no more than ten registered purebred dogs.
$125.00- plus applicable surcharges imposed by NYS for each purebred license, more than twenty-five registered purebred dogs.


**Provisions of the Town of Cambria Zoning Ordinance restrict the number of dogs allowed to be harbored. If you are harboring more than three dogs, please contact the Building Inspector (716) 433-8161 Ext. 126, to ensure you are in compliance with the ordinance.

 **Please call the Dog Control Officer at the Niagara County SPCA (716)731-4368 for any issues regarding lost or stray dogs, or dog complaints.

NYS DMV Application for a parking Permit for Persons with Severe Disabilities
**After filled out by applicant & doctor you will need to file the paperwork with the Town Clerk's Office. 
*Please bring completed form and current drivers license or non-drivers license.

Marriage License Information
Marriage License Fee is $40.00
Marriage Licenses are issued by the Town Clerk's Office 
Monday through Friday before 3:00 PM

*Marriage Licenses are by appointment only call (716) 433-7664 Ext. 136 or Ext. 110  to schedule an appointment.
Marriage license worksheet - to be filled out by both parties

How to obtain a marriage license
Getting Married in NYS 

Information on getting married in NYS

 Records Management
Tamara J. Cooper, Records Access Officer; Records Management Officer

A request for access to records should be sufficiently detailed to identify the records. Where possible, the requester should supply information regarding dates, titles, or other information which may help identify the records. All requests for public access to records should be made in writing on the prescribed form. The fee charged for copies is $.25 per page. The New York State Committee on Open Government is responsible for overseeing the implementation of the Freedom of Information Law and the Open Meetings Law. The Freedom of Information Law governs rights of access to government records, while the Open Meetings Law concerns the conduct of meetings of public bodies and the right to attend those meetings.

The records access officer is responsible for keeping the subject matter list up to date, assisting in identifying records sought, making the records promptly available or denying access, providing copies of records or permitting the making of copies, certify that a copy is a true copy and, if the records cannot be found, certifying either that the agency does not have possession of the requested records or that the agency does have the records, but they cannot be found after diligent search.

Under regulations established by the New York State Committee on Open Government, governmental entities in New York State are required to designate a Records Access Officer to coordinate an agency’s response to public requests for records.


The individual designated to hear appeals shall inform the requester of its decision in writing within seven business days of receipt of an appeal. The time for deciding an appeal by the individual or body designated to hear appeals shall commence upon receipt of written appeal identifying:

  • The date and location of requests for records
  • The records to which the requester was denied access; and
  • The name and return address of the requester

Denial of access shall be in writing stating the reason therefore and advising the requester of his right to appeal to the individual or body established to hear appeals, and that person or body shall be identified by name, title, business address and business telephone number.

 The Town Supervisor shall hear appeals for denial of access of records under the Freedom of Information Law.

FOIL Request Application
Freedom of Information Law
Open Meetings Law

  Specific questions or advice regarding either the Freedom of Information Law or the Open Meetings Law should be addressed to:

Committee on Open Government
NYS Department of State
162 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12231

Telephone: (518) 474-2518